LIAS (formerly known as LCAS) was incorporated on 11th May 2001. The mission of LIAS is to develop and promote professionalism and quality in landscape products and services to fulfill Singapore’s vision of being a City in a Garden.
LIAS provides a forum for members to foster better networking, encourage industry discussions and maximise trade opportunities. The Association disseminates updates on industry information, organises trade programmes and promotions as well as activities relating to landscaping. Members stand to enjoy discounts and privileges on programmes and activities organised by LIAS.
- To enhance the professionalism and capabilities of members by promoting commerce and trade, and to set the standard for excellence in landscaping.
- To promote public awareness of environmental and industry concerns.
- To foster closer relationship amongst members, and facilitate valuable network with the various government departments, trade organisations and associations, both locally and internationally.
- To provide a forum for identifying and addressing the industry’s concerns and opportunities, as well as advance and protect the interests of the members.
- To improve the standards of service and to promote upgrading of management and technical skills and knowledge of persons engaged in landscaping services via the following media: education, training, research study, talks, dialogues, discussions, workshops, exhibitions, business development mission, and the promoting of literatures and materials conducive to attainment of these objects.
- To promote the beautification and enhancement of our community.
In furtherance of the above objects, the Association may:
- Advertise in various means of media and publication to promote the business activities, and
- Organise various events and activities that will enhance the industry and the business of the members.